Thursday, July 4, 2024

Follower Feedback

 Happy Fourth of July to everyone!

What's painfully obvious is that today's holiday is in the middle of summer. We have the slowest part of the sports calendar during this month (coupled with the end of last month and the beginning of the next), but more so in college athletics. The only news happening right now is which schools left their old homes and joined a new conference.

That's where the summer chats series, formally named last year but has been my practice almost from the beginning of this blog, comes in. However, outside of schedule detective, which will make an appearance later this season, I'm at a loss for non-specific topics this year, having felt most of what is on my mind has thoroughly been discussed. I've posted about facilities, sports additions, top moments in UT Arlington history, conference realignment and football and more. I've been working on something but haven't made as much headway as I'd hoped. Outside of that, I have nothing new to add.

So this year, I'm gonna try something new.

There's been an uptick in comments to the Maverick Rambler in recent years. I don't know if this idea will translate to anything of value, especially in the slow summer, but I welcome anyone to leave a comment on this post if they want me to pontificate, rehash, list or generally discuss and I'll create its own post regarding that topic.

Happy typing and may your Fourth be a safe and enjoyable one.

1 comment:

  1. As I mentioned elsewhere, according to the UTA website, Coach Turner has signed eleven new players, two of whom appear to be freshmen. Those two plus the nine transfers include two centers, three forwards, four guards, and two unknowns. It appears there will not be room left on the court or the bench for many others, so I wonder who, if any of last year's players will be back. Does anybody know?

    ReplyDelete